Ft. Collins, CO Get a Plan
Does your family know what to do in case of a flood, fire, storm or other disaster in your home or community? Unfortunately, many families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency takes place, there is a great chance you will not all be in the same place. This is why creating a plan for your family is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis is here to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and designed to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Then, just save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email copies to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of water, food and other necessities in case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends getting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and keeping it in an easily accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for a minimum of 3 days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make sure you are aware of disaster plans with your community, schools, employer, etc. Know where the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Memorize your plan with your family at least twice a year.
It is very important to have a plan in place so you and your family can be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. Here at Paul Davis, we want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our neighbors and friends. Please download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by water, fire, mold, storm or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form